1/2/08

Squeezing in a Happy New Year

Didn't think I was going to let the New Year pass without some kind of recognition? Even if it is Jan 2. Even if I have been busy from dawn 'til dusk. Cooking. Cleaning. More cooking. It's a good thing I enjoy the cooking. Not so much with the cleaning. How many dishes can one family plus two mess up in one day? It's the pots and pans. Lord! with the pots and pans! My hands are cracked and bleeding. I'm not exaggerating. The blood is probably going to ruin my keyboard.

In between the hours at the sink and stove I've managed to fit in some fun game time (Settlers of Catan is RISK for the less battle-minded, like me). And I finally made it all the way to Phase 10, so I can finally mark that off my list of things to do before I die, thank God. I do love me games, but Bubble Boy is less of a game fan. You're *so* competitive, he says. He honestly doesn't see that it's HE who starts throwing the verbal right hooks while in his offensive stance anytime we sit down to a card game. Really? I'm the competitive one. As he's rubbing his hands together with an evil grin on his face and laughing his evil laugh. Bwa-ha-ha! You're going down, Suckah!

Uh-huh.

Moving on...
Ending our annual New Year's Eve Hibernation we emerged from the cave to say goodbye to the year That Was and to ring in a new year of hopes and dreams with friends over great food and fun. The little Bubbles joined us and were tear-free the entire night until we got home when Little A informed me he hadn't eaten dinner. What?! I say. There was food on every horizontal surface all night long. Good food! I smelled chips on your breath! There's chocolate on your face! Must I feed you every single meal? Big eyes. Sad face. But no dinner, Mommy. So I slapped together a PBJ and it became The Highlight of his first 5 years. He ate dinner after midnight! Can you even believe it? He went to bed as happy as could be.

It must be a sign it's going to be a great year. Here's to hoping!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"May peace break into your house and may thieves come to steal your debts. May the pockets of your jeans become a magnet of $100 bills. May love stick to your face like Vaseline and may laughter assault your lips! May your clothes smell of success like smoking tires and may happiness slap you across the face and may your tears be that of joy. May the problems you had forget your home address! In simple words ...........
May 2008 be the best year of your life so far and the rest be even better!!!"

Bubble Girl said...

Thanks....I think. ;-)