7/4/08

Domestic partners

Well on our way to a goal of a wrapping paper-free Christmas (and birthdays).
This is the most work my sewing machine has ever had to do. The need to refill and reload an empty bobbin was previously considered a stopping point for whatever project I was feebly working on because it presented too great a challenge for my pitiable Sewing Skills.

But!

Not only have I refilled the bobbin TWICE, I've created many, many buttonholes! Buttonholes AND straight stitching! I've been reacquainted with my seam ripper due to a few minor mishaps, but despite that time sucker we've got a growing pile of various size bags in beautiful prints for all occasions. If only Mrs. Lee from Home Ec could see me now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! You'd be all "in your FACE, Mrs. LEE!"

Bubble Girl said...

That's right! I'd also include "and YOU didn't think I'd ever be able to land me a husband with my subpar sewing and laughable cooking skills!...now will you PLEASE wipe that lipstick off your teeth for criminy sake!"

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.