6/26/07

You Spin Me Right Round, Baby

CCC and I took our first spin class this morning and this song has been stuck in my head ever since. So I had to look it up and just couldn't believe my eyes watching this video. 'Wow' is what came to mind many times while watching. This is classic 80s pop music and so influenced my compulsion to wear shoulder pads in everything. I remember buying those big blazers or sweaters with velcro in them so I could interchange various sizes of shoulder pads. If I could've gotten away with shoulder pads in my swimsuit, I would have. Those and twisty beads AND lace gloves with the fingers cut off. OH, and penny loafers and peg legged jeans. But my favorite shoes were some white pointy-toed boots (ankle high, of course) that had little triangles cut out of the leather all around the sides of the boot. I would pair these with brightly colored / patterned socks for a stark contrast. Sometimes I would tuck my pegged jeans into the brightly colored, scrunchy socks. And of course, the look wouldn't be complete without the permed, big bangs hair (not too different from Pete Burns' in that video...just more symmetrical). Aqua Net and I were close friends.

Anyway, back to spinning. That was one tough hour! It was way more fun than just sitting on the exercise bike watching the morning shows though. I don't think I've sweat so much as to leave drops on the floor in a VERY long time. Good times....Really.

1 comment:

Suz said...

I LOVED Dead or Alive! WHat a fun song!